Tuesday, April 21, 2009

"Remove head from sphincter, then drive!"



How long have I been driving? Almost a decade. I think I should have the basics (i.e. using a turn signal, parallel parking, backing out of a driveway and NOT hitting a garbage can full of rocks and soil...you get the idea) down by now. I partly blame my landlord for doing yard work and deciding to "throw away" 5,000 lbs. of rock and dirt into my garbage can, and Kasey for placing the garbage can right along side the driveway. But I definitely can't avoid the brunt of the blame, as I was the one behind the wheel.

I really am trying to stay positive about this whole ordeal. My car is now affectionately and alcoholically referred to as Black and Tan, which lightens the mood a tad. And I can't imagine anyone wanting to break into and/or steal the car now. Maybe I should start collecting obnoxious bumper stickers like "NOBAMA" or "What would Scooby Do?" to put the white trash cherry on top of the ghettofabulousness that is my car.

6 comments:

margaret said...

Look at the bright side, it's almost scooter weather!

Kacey Nielsen said...

Ahh. ten things i hate about you. it has been way too long since I watched that.

I vote for black and red racing stripes

Tiffanie Paige said...

I'm sad to say that Black and Tan (the drink) is the first thing I thought of when you told me. I didn't even know what that was until last week when a customer ordered one! You can SO rock the two-tone Meg!

Kasey M. Dorris said...

Bahahahaha!!!!!!!!!
Long live el Black and Tan.
I might have had a little in me when I placed the can of garbage...I'm truly sorry.
But I'm more determined to learn stick so I can drive that motha!

Samantha said...

That's hilarious. That's the same idea we had with our cars in high school. Drive the most ghetto and junkiest car and you can leave your doors unlooked, even your keys in there, because nobody's interested.

Caleb said...

Good stuff Megan! :) Your car has character now...keep it that way. :)