Thursday, April 23, 2009

REDrum

Is rum good for one's hair? Apparently someone thought it might be as they decided to empty the contents of their alcoholic beverage from the balcony on my head last night at the RED concert at the Knitting Factory. I'm actually surprised that I wasn't more ticked than I was after it happened. It probably helped that I rung out/sucked on my scarf for the rest of the night. *wink wink*

Ruminess aside, the concert rocked my face off...well RED did anyway. The two opening bands were lamer than lame (Inept-seriously, what kind of name is that-and Halestorm-the lamest of all) and we didn't stay for the "main act" (Trapt). RED was where it was at. Their vocals and musicianship were off the hook. But I really must be getting old, because I still feel like someone set off a couple dozen rounds of M80's inside my head, whereas my 17-year-old friend who also went feels fine and perky.

The girl that looks like me and I left after RED finished, but we couldn't decide if we wanted to hang around the merch area to meet them. We debated for a few minutes, but there was a humongous line and I really could care less about getting an autograph. So we were walking out of the premises right when a side door opened and RED popped out right in front of us. I instinctively walked right up like I knew them and briefly chatted it up with the guys. So cool. We even stumped Michael (the leader singer) who ever-so-brilliantly asked if we were twins (I'll definitely let that one slide). We wrapped it up with a God Bless and they were on their merry way to sign tickets stubs and sweaty t-shirts in the merch area.

Lame opening bands and alcoholic conditioning aside, it was well worth the $18.

These are cell phone pictures, so obviously not the best quality.



This is my fave song from their new album "Innocence and Instinct."


On another note, someone at work told me that I looked like a pirate with my cuffed pants and boots. I'm definitely taking that as a compliment.

1 comment:

Amit said...

Did the rum spiller apologize?