Friday, July 10, 2009

Pigeons Beware: Ye Be Warned

I have now added pigeons to the "animals that I detest" list, which quite saddens me, as I have had an odd fondness of the looked-down-upon "flying rats." But that fondness has now been shattered as one just defecated on me whilst I was parking my scooter at work.

Initially I failed to comprehend what just happened; I heard a splat, felt a warm wetness on random parts of my arms, legs and hands, and started to smell quite possibly one of the worst smelling odors. But as I looked around it was made clear as mud what had taken place. There he was - directly above me, hanging out on a pipe. It's as if he was just waiting for me to pull in. And I swear he had a smirk on his smug, little, beaked face as I cursed him to be the next meal served at the UGM.

Nevertheless, I have had a pleasant morning so far, and I am determined not to let a little poo put a damper on things.
If you'll excuse me, I have the sudden urge to wash my arm for the 92nd time.

1 comment:

Miranda Leigh said...

Have the pigeons scared you away from the computer too? Where are your recent blogs, oh silly one?