Sunday, June 14, 2009

Saturday Surprise

This weekend officially started the wedding attending season for me. My bro-in-law and I played and sang a song at the wedding of an awesome couple that goes to our church. Everything went really well, which was a nice surprise as we were asked only a week ago to perform a song that we had never heard (which was excessively twangy, by the way, and I almost didn't agree to do it because of it...kidding...kind of).


Aaron was kind enough to take a picture of me making this weird face, and as a result of me taking his tie, he looked like this:


We joked that he looked like a reject model for a B-grade romance novel cover.


Gotta give props to Sean and his tartan tie (even though it doesn't belong to the Lumsden clan).

As all of this was going on, my father decided to drive up to Spokane on his bike to surprise me (and apparently my mother as well, because she had no idea that he was even out of the house in Moses Lake: gotta love communication!). We ended up going Indian buffet for lunch and then to the driving range with Aaron until I literally had blisters on my fingers. It seems that I have great aiming abilities with my swing, as I managed to hit the trees on the left of the range 90% of the time. If only they'd put the holes in the trees. Afterwards we took a much needed nap and then decided to get up and drove around for a few hours.

My father the badarse.

No comments: