Sunday, February 15, 2009

Life in Technicolor ii

Just when I thought I couldn't love Coldplay anymore, they go and release "Life in Technicolor ii" (which is obviously a follow-up to "Life in Technicolor" from their newest album Viva La Vida).
First things first, I have to admit that I have a love-hate relationship with Coldplay. It's mainly due to my natural reflex of despising anything that becomes insanely popular, regardless if it's quality or not. So it always takes me a while to really appreciate their newest albums when they release them. Viva la Vida was a bit different, though. As soon as I popped in the album, they had me with the hammer dulcimer...wholly and completely.
Fast forward to "LIT ii" (as I like to call it because I'm hip like that). Not only has this song upped the anti of my appreciation of music in general, but the music video for the song has changed my appreciation of all music videos. You see, I truly do believe that video killed the radio star. I will leave my statement at that, as I don't want to go off on another soap box rant about the horrible world of music videos.
If what you are about to see doesn't bring the biggest smile to your face, then I suggest you go and get your feelers checked.

No comments: